Recipe for Liechtenstein Cheese Spaetzle
Liechtenstein Cheese Spaetzle
Recipe to take home
- 1kg Mix 1 kg flour and 100 g semolina and sift it into a bowl.
- Beat 10 fresh eggs in a one-litre jar and, if necessary, top up more until you have one litre.
- Add the beaten egg to the flour-semolina-mixture and stir gently. The mass should remain airy.
- Bring the water to the boil and add salt.
- Push the dough into the water through a spaetzle sieve and cook until the small dough cams rise.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cheese mixture.
- Grate about 200 g sour milk cheese and 200 g black appenzeller cheese or ripe mountain cheese into another bowl.
- Remove the spaetzle from the water and put them into the cheese mixture. Mix the spaetzle and cheese and serve on a plate with brown butter, roasted onion and chives.